SUMMARY OF INFORMATION IN THIS POLICY
The topics described in our Policy include:
- The data we collect.
- The sources and how we collect your data.
- How we use your data.
- How we store your data.
- A description of our marketing efforts with respect to your data.
- Your data protection rights.
- What internet cookies are and how they are used by AMT.
- The types of internet cookies we use.
- How to manage your cookies.
- The importance of checking privacy policies of other websites linked to AMT’s websites.
- How to contact us.
- Information relating to California Consumer Privacy Act.
AMT’S DATA COLLECTION ACTIVITIES
I. The Data AMT May Collect About You.
When you make a purchase, AMT collects the following data:
- Personal identification information when submitting an order
- email address
- phone number
- business address
- Google Analytics
II. How AMT Collects Your Data.
Often, you directly provide AMT with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey, provide feedback on any of our message boards or via your email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Make an application to us for employment.
- Participate in any of our tradeshow activities and/or sign up to participate in any of our on-line and in person educational/marketing events.
AMT may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources including:
- Google Analytics.
- Through AMT’s distributors.
- Through trade associations, publications, and trade show events.
- Through social media.
- Through other relationships AMT may have in the chromatography industry.
III. How AMT Uses Your Data.
AMT collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order, manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on products and services we think you might like.
- Analyze browsing trends of the website to optimize the user experience.
- For other legitimate business purposes including hiring employees, vendors, distributors, etc.
AMT notes that AMT does not collect your credit card information through its websites. Rather AMT’s websites interface with HEARTLAND PAYMENT SYSTEMS (“HEARTLAND”) which is responsible for maintaining your credit card data received in processing payments from the websites.
IV. How AMT Stores Your Data.
AMT securely stores your data on our web server. Several security systems are in place to detect and block potential hackers. Ports unrelated to web traffic are blocked and monitored. AMT’s Database is backed up to an encrypted file stored offsite. Database backups are destroyed after 90 days. All files are scanned daily for malware or hacking attempts and handled accordingly. Of course, due to the nature of hackers and the internet, AMT can only promise to take reasonable efforts to securely store your personal data. AMT cannot guarantee that AMT’s data will not be subject to a successful and malicious cyberattack in which your information may be accessed.
AMT will keep your personal identifiable information (name, business address, email, and telephone number) relevant to store orders consistent with our document management protocols. Personal identifiable information can be deleted upon request. Please use our contact form to submit data removal requests.
V. AMT Uses Your Data for Its Own Marketing and Business Purposes.
From time to time, AMT would like to send you information about products and services that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop AMT from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email [email protected]. Please place in the subject line “Remove Me From Your Marketing List” and identify in the body of the email, your name, your company, and your company’s address.
NOTICE OF YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
AMT would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
(a) The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data from AMT. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
(b) The right to rectification – You have the right to request that AMT correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that AMT complete information you believe is incomplete.
(c) The right to erasure – You have the right to request that AMT erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
(d) The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that AMT restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
(e) The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to AMT’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
(f) The right to data portability – You have the right to request that AMT transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
(g) You may have other rights granted to you by AMT as described below.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please write to us: [email protected].
I. Cookies Defined:
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit AMT’s websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed into your account so you can manage orders
- Understanding how you use our websites
- Provide a catered experience for your location (US or Non-US)
- Track performance of advertising mediums
III. The Types of Cookies AMT Uses.
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our websites use:
- Functionality Cookies – AMT uses these types of cookies so that we can recognize you on our websites and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and what location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used to accumulate this information about you.
- Advertising Cookies – AMT uses these types of cookies to collect information about your visit to AMT’s websites, the content you viewed, the links you followed, and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. AMT sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with AMT’s advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our websites.
IV. You Can Manage Your Cookies.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the website – allaboutcookies.org – tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of AMT’s websites’ features may not function as a result.
V. Privacy Policies of Other Websites.
Email us at: [email protected]
Or write to us at: Advanced Materials Technology, Inc. 3521 Silverside Road, Suite 1-K, Quillen Building, Wilmington, DE 19810 ATTN: Director of Marketing.
II. Complaints Regarding AMT’s Handling of Your Data.
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that AMT has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact [email protected]
AMT is not presently required to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act. However, as a good corporate citizen, AMT provides the following protections which are consistent with the California Consumer Privacy Act. Certain terms used in this section have the meanings given to them in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
I. Categories of Personal Information AMT Collects.
Categories of Personal Information AMT has collected from its customers, potential customers, vendors, investors, potential investors, applicants, and suppliers (collectively “Stakeholders”) include:
- Identifiers (e.g. name, mailing address, email address, phone number, credit/debit card number)
- Characteristics of protected classifications such as gender, age, etc.
- Commercial information (e.g. products or services purchased, purchase history)
- Internet or another electronic network activity (e.g. browse or search history)
- Geolocation data (e.g. latitude or longitude)
- Inferences drawn from any of the above (e.g. preferences or characteristics)
II. Categories of Sources from which AMT has Collected Personal Information About its Stakeholders include:
- 3rd Party Websites
- Chromatography and/or science and industry companies – lead generating advertising
- Trade shows and presentations,
- Meetings with customers or prospective customers
- Social Media
III. Business or Commercial Purposes for which AMT has Collected Personal Information about its Stakeholders in the Preceding 12 months
AMT collects your data solely for its own use to conduct its own business and to market to you regarding products that might be of interest to you. AMT does not sell your data to third parties.
IV. Categories of Personal Information AMT has Sold about its Stakeholders in the Preceding 12 months.
AMT has not sold Personal Information about its Stakeholders in the preceding 12 months. AMT reserves the right in the context of a sale of its business assets or in a corporate merger as described above to transfer/sell Personal Information. However, AMT will require any prospective business partner or acquiring entity to comply with the AMT Privacy Policies described herein.
V. Categories of Personal Information AMT has Disclosed for a Business Purpose in the Preceding 12 months
- Identifiers (e.g. name, mailing address, email address, phone number, credit/debit card number). The purposes of any such disclosure has been to process sales and provide information regarding AMT Products or industry news that may be of interest to you.
- Commercial information (e.g. products or services purchased, purchase history)
AMT will not discriminate against you because you exercise your rights. For example, AMT will not deny you goods or services or charge you a different price or rate for goods or services if you make an access, deletion, or “do not sell” request to AMT.
VII. Rights under CCPA which AMT will honor:
In addition to the rights described above, you have the right to make requests to AMT as follows:
A. Access Requests
You may request the following information from AMT no more than two times per 12- month period:
(a) Categories of personal information (“PI”) we collected about you during the preceding 12 months
(b) Categories of sources from which PI is collected
(c) Business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling PI
(d) Specific pieces of PI we collected about you
(e) Categories of PI AMT has sold about you
(f) Categories of third parties to whom you PI was sold
(g) Categories of PI disclosed about you for a business purpose
(h) Categories of third parties to whom PI was disclosed for a business purpose
B. Deletion Request
You may request that AMT delete PI that AMT collected directly from you.
Please send any requests to the address and email described above in the Contact AMT Section.